24 November 2016 | Curtis Carlson defines “Innovation is process of creating and delivering new customer value.” To make innovation happen, he introduces the five following disciplines:
- Discipline 1: Important Needs
Work on important customer and market needs, not just what is interesting to you.
- Discipline 2: Value Creation
Use the tools of value creation to create customer value fast.
- Discipline 3: Innovation Champions
Be an innovation champion to drive the value-creation process.
- Discipline 4: Innovation Teams
Use a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to innovation to create a collective, genius-level IQ.
- Discipline 5: Organizational Alignment
Get your team and enterprise aligned to systematically produce high-value innovations.