30 June 2017 | Developing a community of mentors is not just an effort to provide entrepreneurs and startup founders with an impactful service. It is to plant a seed of the culture value of being faithful to do the good deeds. “Do one mitzvah leads to doing another mitzvah” – Mishnah, Pirkei Avot 4:2
Well, when and where there is the faith, it seems that it is not necessary to tell a genuine entrepreneurs what are benefits of being a mentors. Meanwhile, the following may be of help in recruiting mentors.
- Working closely with innovative and energized entrepreneurs refuels entrepreneurial spirit of the mentors
- Mentoring startup businesses provides the mentors with opportunity to enrich their knowledge about new technologies and business models at their very beginning.
- Dealing with business challenges together with the entrepreneurs helps mentors know exactly if the entrepreneurs fit to their corporate cultures of innovation.
- The mentors know who are the other mentors. Very often the mentors find like-minded business partners and friends in their mentors networks.
- The mentors have the chance to observe how innovative ideas grow then become a part of the next success stories.