1 February 2020 | Chairwoman of Cradle Datuk Yvonne Chia – who was the first women CEO of a commercial bank in Malaysia (i.e. RHB Bank) in 1990s then CEO of Hong Leong Bank in 2003 – unveiled the CEO codes. Cradle is Malaysia’s early-stage startup influencer which is incorporated under the Ministry of Finance in 2003 and presently being administered by the Ministry of Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change.
The CEO code includes:
- CEO is to be “we,” not to be “me”
- The world is now in VUCA mode but fundamental principles don’t change
- Most failures of CEOs are caused by lack of leadership skill
- Today CEOs need to know how to handle with the millennials
- CEOs have to make the businesses profitable
- Be aware of the role of women leadership